Author: Stephanie Selinger
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 cup organic, gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond flour (or other gluten free or paleo flour)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional additional ingredients (add one to two):
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds, ground flaxseed
- 1 scoop protein powder (I like to add collagen peptides)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl including your optional ingredients. If the batter comes out too dry, add additional nut butter until you obtain a good consistency.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for about a half an hour.
- Roll into approximately one inch diameter balls with your hands.
- Place in airtight container and enjoy for up to one week.