Makes 12 cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
- ¼ cup grass-fed butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup chocolate chips + 1 heaping tablespoon
- 5 – 6 drops food grade peppermint essential oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, mix the butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla until smooth (30 seconds or so)
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, peppermint essential oil and sea salt and mix again until combined. Feel free to scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed to mix everything together.
- Move batter to a medium sized bowl and add the chocolate chips and cacao nibs, stirring until combined
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and form 1 ½ inch (approximately) diameter balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten them slightly with your fingertips or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges.