Author: Stephanie Selinger
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked*
- 2 bunches (medium-sized) lacinato (dino) kale, washed, dried and chopped into small (one inch or so) pieces
- 1 large ripe pear, washed, stemmed and cored, sliced thin
- 1 cup cooked chick peas, rinsed and drained (if canned)*
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa as directed. This step can be done ahead of time, but I like to prepare this salad when the quinoa is warm.
- Place cooked quinoa in a large salad bowl. Add the kale, pear, chick peas, nuts and parsley and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and maple syrup, adding salt and pepper to taste; pour it over the salad and toss gently to coat.
Can be served immediately or saved for later. This salad will hold well in the refrigerator for a few days.
*Omit the quinoa and/or chick peas if you are grain free or do not tolerate these items, feel free to add another protein of choice!